Where are you located?
Previously located on Dorset Street in South Burlington, VT, our primary office is now located at 354 Mountain View Drive in Colchester, VT with a satellite office at 110 Porter Drive in Middlebury, VT.
Do I need a referral?
Four Seasons Dermatology does not require a referral, but your own insurance might. If you are uncertain about your insurance coverage when seeing a dermatology specialist, please give your insurance a call prior to your visit.
What insurances do you accept?
Four Seasons Dermatology accepts most insurances. Our staff will be able to assist you with whether or not Four Seasons Dermatology is a preferred provider with your insurance.
How can I best protect my skin from sun damage?
- Avoid the hot mid-day sun. Try to schedule your outdoor activities for early morning or early evening
- Make clothing a regular part of protection
- Keep your shirt on
- Wear a wide brimmed hat instead of a baseball cap
- Wear long sleeves – “rash-guard” or “water” shirts made from quick drying, breathable material may be most comfortable in hot weather
- Be especially careful when on the water, snow or sand as sunlight is reflected upwards from these surfaces
- Don’t forget the sunglasses-excess sun exposure causes cataracts
- Encourage your children to practice good sun protection. Early sun damage increases the risk of skin cancer
- Wear a sunscreen that contains specific UVA-blocking ingredients and an SPF of at least 30. If you are getting sunburns or very tan, you need to:
- Use a higher SPF
- Apply more thickly or reapply more frequently (ideally every 2 hours or more)
- Use a product with better UVA protection.
- Remember to put sunscreen on your ears and lips and always apply to dry skin
For more information about sun protection and skin cancer:www.skincancer.org.
What sunscreen should I use?
We recommend the following sunscreen products, and we sell them at our office:
- TiZO SPF 40
- Liptect SPF 45
- EltaMD AERO SPF 45
- EltaMD Shield SPF 45
- EltaMD Sport SPF 50
- EltaMD Clear SPF 46
- EltaMD Daily SPF 40
- EltaMD Pure SPF 47
- EltaMD Lip balm SPF 30
We recommend sunscreen products that contact zinc, titanium or mexoryl.
What services do you offer?
We specialize in medical dermatology including skin cancer screenings, mole evaluations, psoriasis, eczema, acne and warts. We also offer phototherapy and a range of skin care products.
What cosmetic procedures do you perform?
We perform excision of moles and removal of various other bumps and spots.
Are your providers board-certified?
Our physicians are board certified in Dermatology.
What can a Physician Assistant or a Nurse Practitioner do?
Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioner diagnose and treat skin conditions. They are able to write prescriptions. A supervising physician is always available in case the Physician Assistant or a Nurse Practitioner has questions regarding a particular diagnosis or treatment plan.